Building forms

This page lists the downloadable documents related to Building Consents. The information sheets, checklists and application forms are available as .pdf files; the forms can be printed and posted to the Council or dropped off at Council offices.

Image for building consents information

Land Information Memorandum (LIM)

A LIM is a report produced by the Council which presents all information in relation to a particular property that the Council has on record. 

The appropriate fee must accompany your completed application before it can be processed. If you  post your application we recommend that you send a cheque payable to the Invercargill City Council. Otherwise you can pay by cash or Eftpos at the Council's Invercargill or Bluff offices once the invoice has been generated. Please also see notes about payments on the Building fees page.

Restricted Building Work and Licensed Building Practitioners

  • See details and related forms on this page.

Building Consent - application forms

Building Consent - checklists

Use the following checklists to ensure that all required information accompanies your building consent application.

Schedule 1

Notification of proposed work exempt under Schedule 1 - B72
Schedule 1 guide - B72a

Schedule 1 exemptions

Building Warrant of Fitness

Use to confirm the inspection, maintenance and reporting procedures.

Certificate of Public Use

Producer statements

Swimming pools 

Vehicle crossings

Queries? Contact the Roading Team on (03) 211 1777.