Changes have been made to the Rates Rebate Scheme for the rating year beginning July 1, 2014.
- The maximum rebate has increased from $595 to $605.
- The income threshold has increased from $23,870 to $24,250.
- The additional income allowance for dependants remains at $500 per dependant.
If you earned more than $24,250 (plus $500 per dependant) for the 2013-2014 tax year you could still be eligible. Please contact the Council for more information.
Rates rebate application forms are available from the council or from www.ratesrebates.govt.nz
When you apply for a rates rebate, please provide:
- Proof of income (before tax) for the tax year ended March 31, 2014.
- Your rates notice, including your Environment Southland rates notice.
- Proof of your partner/joint home owner’s income if she/he lives with you.
For further assistance, email the Customer Services team or phone (03) 211 1777.
Applications close on June 30, 2015.